Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Verdura Fresca
Verdura Fresca
Buy this Poster at AllPosters.com
The first thing I learned when I started re-educating myself about my health I realized that I needed to find a way to raise my pH. I had tested my own pH with a home test kit and my pH was 6.o - for optimum health it needed to be at least 7.5 or 8 was even better.

The easiest thing for me to start doing was to add more alkaline type foods into my diet and less acid forming foods. I realized that old habits are hard to change but little by little I started to replace the "bad" foods that I was eating with a better choices.

They say it is good to have 80% of your diet be alkaline and 20% acidic.

Consider this combination:
  • Variety of 6 vegetables (4 raw, 2 cooked)= 60% Alkaline
  • 2 Fruits (must be ripe or tree ripened) = 20 % Alkaline
  • 1 Good starch (as listed below) = 10 % Acidic
  • 1 Good protein (as listed below) = 10 % Acidic

Select your food choices accordingly from the list of foods below.

ACID / ALKALINE FOOD LIST

NON-STARCHY FOODS
(ALKALINE): Alfalfa, Artichokes, Asparagus, Beans (string),Beans (wax), Beets and their leaves, Bok choy, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots and their tops, Cauliflower, Celery, Chicory, Coconut, Corn, Cucumbers, Currants, Dandelions, Eggplant, Endive, Garlic, Horse‑radish, Kale, Kohlrabi, Leek, Lettuce, Mushrooms, Okra, Ripe Olives, Onions, Oyster plant, Parsley, Parsnips, Fresh Peas, Sweet Peppers, Swiss Chard, Radishes, Rutabagas, Savory, Sea lettuce, Sorrel, Spinach, Soybean Products, Sprouts, Summer Squash, Swiss Chard, Turnips, Watercress

FRUITS (ALKALINE): All Berries, Apples, Apricots, Avocados, Cantaloupes, Cranberries, Currants, Dates, Figs, Grapes, Grapefruit, Lemons, Limes, Oranges, Peaches, Pears, Raisins, Persimmons, Pineapple, Plums, Prunes, Rhubarb, Tomatoes

Citrus fruits (called Acid Fruits) when broken down in the body, develops an alkaline condition which is good, however, citrus fruits sometimes stir up acids so rapidly in the body that the effect may be interpreted as a bad one. If eating fruits causes distress it is best to use sub-acid or sweet / dried fruits.

ACID FRUITS: Oranges, Lemons, Grapefruit, Limes

SUB‑ACID FRUITS: Apples, pears, Plums, Peaches, Grapes, Apricots

SWEET OR DRIED FRUITS: Dates, figs, Raisins

Do not combine acid and sweet fruits. It is best to eat melons and berries alone. As the saying goes..."Eat it alone or leave it alone".

PROTEINS (ACID): Beef, Buttermilk, Chicken, Clams, Cottage cheese, Crab, Duck, Eggs, Fish, Goose, Lamb, Lobster, Mutton, Nuts, Oyster, Pork, Rabbit, Raw sugar, Turkey, Veal

STARCHY FOODS ( ACID): Barley, Beans (lima, white), Bread, Cereals, Chestnuts, Corn, Cornmeal, Crackers, Cornstarch, Grapenuts, gluten flour, Lentils, Macaroni, Millet, Oatmeal, Peanuts, Peas(dried), Sweet potatoes, Rice (brown or polished), Rye flour, Sauerkraut, Tapioca

STARCHY FOODS (ALKALINE): Almonds, White potatoes, Pumpkin, Squash

NEUTRAL FOODS: (Oils), Avocado oil, olive, Sesame, Coconut, Soy, Sunflower, Safflower, Cottonseed, Almond, Linseed; (Fats), Butter, Cream, Margarine


Fruit At La Boqueria Market, Barcelona, Spain
Fruit At La Boqueria Market, Barcelona, Spain
Strewe, Oliver
Buy this Giclee Print at AllPosters.com


This list if food is not complete by any means, but it is a good start.

Click Here for More Research Information and Free Health Videos from
ASK INSIDER DOCTORS & SCIENTISTS (AID)

"Scientific Information That You May Not Be Able to Live Without"

Related Articles on this site:


DISCLAIMER - The information on this Weblog is provided for educational and informational purposes only. I am not a doctor and I am not attempting to prescribe, treat, or recommend and in no way is the information contained on this site intended to be a substitute for a health care provider's consultation. The contents is based upon opinions of each respective author. The reader is encouraged to make their own health care decisions that can be based upon research and then partnering with their own health care professional. If you are ill please consult a qualified physician or appropriate health care provider

--- End of Article ---
By Emjae Johnson - ACID/ALKALINE BALANCE: Eating to Raise Your pH


21 comments:

I appreciate very much your research and information. It is so sad to see how the business of treating cancer and the monies poured into research are headed so far from the truth. I am with the company which brought the Coral Calcium to America around 10 years ago. We have seen people go from an acid environment,even latter stages with cancer and within around an 8-10 week period drastically be able to increase alkalinity and the cancer is gone and/or very little lesions are left. We also have found that the use of enzymes, powerful antioxidants, vitamin D, Ellagic Acid(from raspberry seeds) help to assist the body to Alkalize, Cleanse, Nourish, and Balance the body so the body then has the ability to heal itself.
I feel that Dr. Enderlien another German brainchild also has been able to contribute greatly to confirm the Acid/Alkaline balance on this law of nature, all backed by basic science that is grossly overlooked in the medical community and our society.

10:05 PM  

Hi I have MS
Can being alkaline help me, if so how long would it take

Lance

10:16 AM  

I believe that it is worth a try. I am not a doctor and I am not attempting to prescribe or treat or anything such as that. I cannot say one way or the other if it would absolutley help you...but if I had MS I would try it.

Research states that scientists associate over 250 diseases with a low pH and MS is one of those diseases.

I have a friend who has MS and is now symptom free. I wrote an article about her on this site. Please read her story at this link:

49 Year Old Mother of Five --- Now a SURVIVOR of Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

There is a link inside the article that is towards the bottom that will take you the the ASH EDUCATIONAL CALLS. If you click on the link you will be directed to a page where you can here my friend speaking about what is now her mission in life...that being to let everyone know about the research she has learned about that has allowed her to live a normal life again.

You can also hear her speak (usually) on Wednesday evenings at 8pm Central Standard Time. The number to call to listen in on her call is listed down the left margin of the same website that has her audio message. Her call is live and she may at times share her own personal story about her MS as well as a lot of other information...have a pencil and paper handy as you will want to take notes!

Aside from raising her pH there are some other things that she did in tantum with that to improve her health. If I were you Lance, I would take the time to listen. The calls are free and much information can be gained from listening.

She went from NOT being able to pick up a gallon of milk and being bed ridden...to a completely normal life. There is no way to know how long it will take you. Everyone's body is different...I know this is not what you want to hear. But if our body were like a garage and someone asked me how long it would take to clean out their garage I would have to ask, "Well how much stuff is in there and how many different helping hands can be used to help clean it?"

I believe that the more things we can do to get the junk (or toxins) out of our bodies and the more we can add back to it proper nutrition that the body can easily use then we have our best chance to regain back our lives.

Lance, I hope this helps, and please accept this as my personal invitation to listen in on an ASH Educational Call...these calls changed my life and perhaps they will have the same effect on you.

Emjae

3:46 PM  

Lance, I apologize, I just realized that the link to the article aout my friend does not work. Here it is again...

49 Year Old Mother of Five --- Now a SURVIVOR of Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

I hope this one works...sorry for the inconvenience!

Emjae

3:52 PM  

Just a comment, lemon may appear acidic, but in the body it is alkaline. Drinking water with lemon is therefore useful to improve the ph level.

Regards

8:43 AM  

Do kiddny beans and pinto beans have bad starch in them?

1:37 PM  

When you say:

*
Variety of 6 vegetables (4 raw, 2 cooked)= 60% Alkaline
*
2 Fruits (must be ripe or tree ripened) = 20 % Alkaline
*
1 Good starch (as listed below) = 10 % Acidic
*
1 Good protein (as listed below) = 10 % Acidic


Is that for each meal?

And what would portion size would constitute 1 starch or protein?


Thank You
Mike

4:51 PM  

Your research is a bit flawed, the concepts you are trying to reach are accurate in as far as alkaline food into should be about 60% and acidic food intake about 40%. But there are numerous incorrect information here.

First the body should not be 7.8 ph or higher... a normal ph level is about 7.3 not 7.5 7.5 is the higher end of where your body should be. a ph level of 7.8 to 8.0 does just as much damage as low ph levels.

Also due to the way foods are metabloized, ph foods such as beefs, do not create ph higher levels in the body, actually it is the reverse, they create lower ph levels, and while lemons are highly acidic fruits, they actually help raise your ph level when metabloized.

9:29 AM  

Hello Anonymous!

You are correct that a normal pH is around 7.35...but this is what is normal for the testing of BLOOD pH...this is what your health practitioner would be testing. When I am using a pH test kit, as I spoke of, I am not drawing blood...I am testing urine or saliva or both, just body fluids. These pH levels will be higher or lower than blood pH. In fact, I was told by a medical expert that if the blood pH varies even to the slightest degree we will die. God has a built in gauge within our bodies to carefully make sure that that blood pH stays balanced.

You are correct, we do not want our pH to be too high as well as too low...that is why this article is about finding a balance. We should not eat all high pH foods, but a good balance of both acid and alkaline foods.

Also, as far as the beef raising pH, I am confused as to where you think you read that beef raises the pH...it is listed as a acid forming food here.

As well, on the lemons and other citrus, it does help to RAISE the pH even though they are acid fruits...please re-read the article as you may have skipped the part that states...

"...Citrus fruits (called Acid Fruits) when broken down in the body, develops an alkaline condition which is good, however, citrus fruits sometimes stir up acids so rapidly in the body that the effect may be interpreted as a bad one. If eating fruits causes distress it is best to use sub-acid or sweet / dried fruits..."

Thank you for your comments Anonymous and I hope this clears up some of the confusion---

Emjae

5:11 PM  

Hmmm everyone's differing opinion of proper ph levels are confusing. Doesn't Dr. Carey Reams teachings advocate for 6.4 as balanced?

thanks

Wendy

3:36 PM  

Thank you Wendy.

I have done little research on Dr. Reams ...shame on me. However, I think much of the confusion comes in with what are we measuring...blood pH or other fluids? They will not all be the same. If you know which pH Dr. Reams spoke of please post it here for all to read. This is very interesting.

<><
Emjae

3:47 PM  

Was wondering can you eat meat or not, how would you get your protein.

8:22 AM  

Hello Anonymous~

Yes you can eat meat. Please re-read this excerpt from the article...

"They say it is good to have 80% of your diet be alkaline and 20% acidic.

Consider this combination:

* Variety of 6 vegetables (4 raw, 2 cooked)= 60% Alkaline
* 2 Fruits (must be ripe or tree ripened) = 20 % Alkaline
* 1 Good starch (as listed below) = 10 % Acidic
* 1 Good protein (as listed below) = 10 % Acidic


...if you read the food listed below in the article, it lists many types of proteins, including different meats that you can enjoy. It is all about balance between acid and alkaline. Eating all alkaline is really not eating in balance so enjoy come acid foods too as long as you are in a reasonably good state of health. I think this article is a good guide for healthier eating and encourages a good acid/alkaline balance.


Thank you for you interest and I hope this was of some help to you!

><>
Emjae

6:37 PM  

If you had had a pH of 6.0, you would be dead. Your blood needs to maintain a pH of between 7.35 and 7.45 to REMAIN ALIVE. So unless you are a corpse, I believe you are lying.

11:28 AM  

Hello Anonymous --

Yes you are absolutely correct that if I or anyone had a pH of 6.0 they would be dead...that is a blood pH of 6.0

Please read through the articles and the comments carefully as it states that we are discussing self testing with a pH strip which is testing body fluids of either urine or saliva --- not blood. The blood pH is as you state approx 7.35 to 7.45. Blood pH is tested by your health professional through a blood test from someone that is licensed to do so.

Thank you for your comment
<><
Emjae

10:59 PM  

this chart differs from other food charts eg this chart states that lemons are acidic on other charts it says lemons are alkaline in the body. which one is it?

8:02 AM  

Thanks for the interesting article. How does one get protein and fat from an alkaline diet? Thanks.

6:33 PM  

Hi there

I am a little confused. I would like to follow the 80% Alkaline diet. Why do lemons appear on the alkaline and the acidic list? I thought they were alkaline. I have done a bit of research online lately and certain foods appear on acid on some lists and alkaline on others, such a peas or asparagus? I dont know where to get the correct information from?

6:03 AM  

How long did it take you to raise you ph? My morning saliva ph is at 5.8-6.0 and I have been doing the alkaline diet for about a month and it doesn't seem to be budging (although my urine ph is between 6.8 - 7.4 now). Was it your saliva that was 6.0 or your urine? I'm just looking at a time estimate. I am also nursing a baby - could this have an impact on how long it will take?

11:33 AM  

Hi.
My husband had a kidney removed in May after a cancerous tumor was found. Since then we have made a concerted effort to raise his pH by eating more alkaline foods, no meat, small amounts of fish and using an alkaline antioxidant filter for our water etc. So far we haven't had a lot of success, testing strips still show him to be acid.

In his last blood test there was evidence of raised potassium and I find that a lot of recommended alkaline foods are high in potassium too, so now I'm getting really confused about what to do for the best.
Can you offer some advice please?

4:35 AM  

Lyn,
I was wondering the same thing. My numbers are exactly like yours and it's been 3 weeks and haven't been able to raise my saliva ph. I too am on the alkaline diet, drinking alkaline water and taking food enzymes. I have asked the owner at the health food store how long it would take and he said it could take a little while but don't really know how long that is.

9:11 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home