Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

This article, to me, is one of the most important posts that I will have ever written for you. This area of pain and "dis-ease" is so overlooked. I actually have been quite miffed about the fact that fewer and fewer doctors will consider a structural problem as being the source of pain, especially if the symptoms are that of an autoimmune disorder. They would rather give you a pill for pain or a recommend for orthopedic surgery then consider that there could possibly be another solution. I do understand that not all of the Health Industry is this way, but I am speaking in general for those of you that have already experienced this wall of opposition when it comes to anything "alternative". This topic is a big one, I will do my best to be as succinct as possible.

Let me start by stating that this one piece of knowledge, had I been made aware of it early on in my search for relief, would have saved me so much needless pain (over 9 years) and literally thousands of dollars.
My concern about this topic is really two fold -- one is that it is "pooh-poohed" by not only the Medical Doctors (something I should be accustomed to by now) but, secondly, because of certain laws in every state and in Canada that prevent chiropractors of any particular procedure, whether UC (Upper Cervical) or otherwise, from freely advertising the procedure they have dedicated their lives to learning. The doctors who perform this procedure, a specially educated and skilled Chiropractor, are bound by one law in particular that forbids them to infer that his/her method is superior or more advanced than other chiropractic methods. If a chiropractor does this, he/she could be severely chastised by his state board of chiropractic examiners by being heavily fined and/or threatened with the loss of his/her license.

It is possible that this law was originally passed to protect the public from chiropractors making unrealistic claims about their procedure.
The unfortunate result of this law, however, is that it has produced such fear in chiropractors who practice almost exclusively a specific type of chiropractic, that they simply are forced to remain silent about the benefits of their procedure. A law meant to protect the public has actually created a "dome of silence" on vital information that could be of tremendous benefit and cost savings to the many that are sick and suffering.


The procedure that I am talking about is an "Upper Cervical Spinal Correction".

Specifically, the bone or vertebra that is at the base of your skull... called "The Atlas", can slip out of alignment... by only the slightest amount, and cause all kinds of havoc to your entire body.
"The Atlas" can come out of alignment very early in life sometimes through the birthing process or through a fall or injury... not necessarily to the head or neck area. Yes, you could have slipped on your keester, twisted an ankle, or fell and hit your elbow and it is possible to have lost the alignment to "The Atlas". Usually the first symptoms that you will experience to alert you that may have lost this alignment will not occur until approx. 7 years later. By this time it is easy to not associate the pain or discomfort that you are having with an accident that you had so many years prior.

Why is "The Atlas" of such importance?
...
Because it is the vertebra that is responsible for holding your head on straight. The head and skull can weigh up to 14 lbs...that is just about the weight of a bowling ball! If the alignment of "The Atlas" moves, even as much as a millimeter or so, then this causes unnecessary strain on the entire body, especially the spine, to help balance this enormous weight of your head. Over time, the body starts to compensate for your head being off center, muscles begin to tighten, the spine slowly starts to twist and very soon you could have more problems than you could imagine.

What's more is that "The Atlas" is the gateway to where millions of nerves enter into the brain - it is known as the "Brain Stem". The nerves are the messengers to the brain...messages containing information about body imbalances. Once received, the brain then goes about its job to send out instructions back to the body about what needs to be done to fix the problem. (I don't mean to over-simplify this, but I am not a doctor so I will speak to you as I understand this process.) When there is the slightest pressure on any area of the brain stem, possibly either from the atlas itself coming in contact with an area of nerves, or by the tightening of muscles in the neck due to the mis-alignment, then the messages to the brain are interrupted. Possibly millions of electrical impulses that "short out" or " are cross-wired", so-to-speak, going into the brain. Wrong information to the brain causes the brain to give wrong instructions to the body in order for our body to heal itself. What can happen next, which I believe was in my case, is the symptoms of dis-ease begin to occur -- but this was really only mis-information to the brain to a series of injuries that I had encountered since I was a small child.

Alignment of the body starts at the top... any good builder or carpenter understands the concept of the plumb line. Well, it is much the same with the human body. But the good news is, if you fix or straighten the "plumb line", or "Atlas", then your body may be able to restore its original alignment and alleviate some of your problems.

What kind of problems has an "Upper Cervical Spinal Correction" responded favorably too?
Oh my, the list is long and it is not even complete, so even if your particular condition is not listed here, it is imperative that you have your "atlas" examined. Its role in overall health is so crucial, you need to at least rule out the possibility that a mis-aligned atlas is involved in your condition. Here is the short list:

Allergies
Arm Pain
Asthma
Athletic Injuries
Attention Deficit Disorder
Back Pain
Bed Wetting
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Cerebral Palsy
Child Developmental Problems
Chronic Fatigue Chronic Infections
Chronic Fatigue
Chronic Pain
Constipation
Depression
Diabetes
Digestive Problems
Dizziness
Dyslexia
Dystonia
Ear Infections
Epileptic Seizures
Eye Infections
Female Disorders
Fever
Fibromyalgia
Flu Symptoms
Frequent Colds
Hay Fever
Headaches
Heart Conditions
Herniated Disks
High Blood Pressure
Hip Pain
Hyperactivity
Immune System Deficiency
Indigestion
Infertility
Knee Problems
Learning Disability
Leg Pain
Loss of Sleep
Low Back Pain
Migraine Headaches
Multiple Sclerosis
Muscle Spasms
Neck Pain
Nervousness
Neuralgia
Neuritis
Neuropathy
Numbness & Tingling
in Limbs
Organ Dysfunction
Parkinson's Disease
Poor Vision
Post-polio
Problems from car/sports/slip/fall accidents
Rheumatoid Arthritis
Scoliosis
Shoulder Pain
Sinus Problems
Sleeping Disorders
Spasmodic Disorders
Stiffness
Tendonitis
Tight Muscles
T.M.J. Syndrome
Torticullis
Trigeminal Neuralgia
Whiplash

And countless more. . .

Here is the good news... when an Upper Cervical Spinal Correction is made, body balance may be restored. Stress, tension and pressure from the area below the "Brain Stem" are removed. This re-opens the flow of healing messages from the brain to the affected part of the body and immediately, the self-healing process can begin.

In my search for the right doctor, I soon learned that a doctor simply advertising "Atlas adjustments" was not all that was needed to do this procedure.
Because of the precision needed for this procedure, a series of carefully measured X-rays of the head and neck are taken right in the office. The actual correction procedure can be done with either instruments, a machine or by hand depending upon the doctor you choose. The doctors that are skilled to do this by hand are called NUCCA doctors. NUCCA (National Upper Cervical Association) is the name of the Association that the NUCCA practitioners belong to, sort of like the AMA is to Medical doctors.
More complete information, illustrations, and search tools of how to find a doctor, that can determine if you are a candidate for this procedure, can be found at the following websites. There are less than a few hundred doctors worldwide that are equipped and trained to do this procedure so please save yourself some time and aggravation and use the directories to search for a doctor with the links below.

www.uppercervical.org

The National Awareness Campaign for Upper Cervical Care or " The N.A.C.U.C.C." is a non-profit consumer awareness organization dedicated to educating the public worldwide about this care. The woman who started this organization is Louella Harris who contracted polio in 1958, in Kenya, East Africa, exactly 8 months after she was given the polio vaccine. She was 3 years old. Read her compelling story of how she was helped by Upper Cervical care and how her focus is to bring this procedure into the awareness of all whom she can. Locate a UC doctor through this site by using this link here.

During one of her interviews on CBS, Louella said, "This type of health care was available all the time I suffered. We just didn't know about it. It's one thing to hurt because nothing can be done. It's entirely another to suffer because of ignorance. That's tragic. There are millions of adults in pain right now because they've never heard of this. There are millions of children facing a lifetime of problems because their parents are unaware of the critical role the care of the brain stem area, plays in the future health of their child. There’s so much pain and it’s so unnecessary. It has to stop. NACUCC is committed to reaching every man, woman and child with this information. When the public at large finally grasps how fundamental Upper Cervical health care is to the health of the entire body, it will change how we take care of ourselves and how we care take care of our children."

www.nucca.org
NUCCA (National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association) was founded in 1941 with a goal in mind of serving / helping patients recover from their illness by making improvements to the nervous system function through Chiropractic care. A directory of NUCCA doctors throughout the world can be found here.

Finally, I want to mention that the efficacy of this method is different for everyone. What may work for one, may not work for another...this is the same with any treatment, medical or alternative. Please do not rule this out if you have not had it checked. It is a very painless procedure and could do so much for you or a loved one and in the long run save you lots of time, pain and money.

I do hope this post is of some help to someone.

<><

DISCLAIMER - The information on this Weblog is provided for educational and informational purposes only. I am not a doctor and I am not attempting to prescribe, treat, or recommend and in no way is the information contained on this site intended to be a substitute for a health care provider's consultation. The contents is based upon opinions of each respective author. The reader is encouraged to make their own health care decisions that can be based upon research and then partnering with their own health care professional. If you are ill please consult a qualified physician or appropriate health care provider.

---End of Article---
By Emjae Johnson - Can a Structural Problem "Mimic" Dis-ease?

6 comments:

Interesting that I found this article just now. I have suffered from headaches since I was a young child and I'm now 55. Most have been sinus related, with an occasional migraine. For many years, I have had several headaches per week.

For the past few months, the headaches have changed. Until very recently, I've been getting a headace every single day, with most starting in the afternoon. In the past, they almost always started early in the morning, while I'm sleeping. While my typical headache was in my forehead and behind my eyes, along with facial pain, these headaches have been more from the top of my forehead to the very top of my head, accompanied with slight nausea, and aching in the back of my neck.

With the accompanying neck ache, I decided to visit my chiropractor, after not seeing him for several years. I immediately began getting relief and went several days without a headace. After several more visits, he explained that my atlas was out of adjustment. While he also adjusted my back and neck with the old cracking routine, which I like, he adjusted my Atlas with the slightest bit of pressure using a special machine. The pressure, was so slight, in fact, I wondered how it could really be doing anything. He also showed me a short video explaining how the Atlas can cause many problems in the rest of your body.

Now I haven't had a headache in over a week, neither the new kind nor the old familiar sinus headaches. I'm amazed. I hardly remember going more than a week without a headache.

I also want to thank you referring people to us for unrefined Celtic Sea Salt, which is why I came to your Web log in the first place. One of our customers told us about your link to us at www.dowsers.com/page9.html.

You are performing a great service. Keep up the great work.

Joey Korn

3:03 PM  

Hello Joey,
It is so good to hear from you and about your relief from your headaches. Thank you also for offering such a great product that is so needed by so many people.

<><
Emjae

12:14 AM  

Ooops! Joey I forgot to mention something about your comment...

"The pressure, was so slight, in fact, I wondered how it could really be doing anything."

I recall very well when I had my first NUCCA adjustment. The adjustment was so slight it felt like a butterfly fluttering on my neck. I laid there thinking..."Oh my goodness, did I just waste my time and money or what?...[insert eye roll] :-D

However, immediately after that thought I sat upright on the table and was only slightly dizzy. Then when I stood up an for only a few seconds my body felt a little "off-kilter", but at the same time I felt very relaxed. I realized very quickly that I was NOT off-kilter at all, in fact I was actually in better alignment than I had been in years --it just seemed such a strange feeling...sort of like putting on a new pair of prescription eye-glasses for the first time! The view seems really odd...but only because you had gotten use to not being able to see clearly! Well, in this case, it was my spine --- I had forgotten what it felt like to be able to stand up straight!

For me, I noticed an immediate improvement although it was not dramatic. In my case my healing had been so long in coming that it has taken a while for my spine to fully correct itself. I have told others about this procedure and they have had adjustments done and many of them (but not all) had reported to me that they had immediate and long term relief. It seems you too are among the lucky ones for quick healing. Everyone is different when it comes to healing. I am only so thankful that I found out about this procedure when I did or I would still be suffering today.

Thanks again for stopping by and sharing your comment Joey,

<><
Emjae

12:48 AM  

Thanks for your story! One of my patients, a naturopath (of who I am a patient) brought your blog to my attention. I love it that you felt like you had been ripped off when you didn't feel the adjustment. That's what all the NUCCA doctors, including me, intially felt. But like you, once I stood up, I felt my body recalibrating. Then later that year, I noticed my sinus infections gone and migraines diminishing. Powerful stuff! I'm glad I do this work...

8:16 PM  

The primary treatment that makes chiropractic different from other types of health care is the "spinal adjustment", which is also called "spinal manipulation", and there are many different ways that this treatment can be performed.

Chiropractic

9:33 PM  

Very informative. Complete with all explanations. I have nothing to ask for, you says it all.
_______________
Chiropractor Melbourne

12:25 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home